An international history
Green Spot Technologies (GST) is an innovative start-up company, in a mission to challenge the Food-Waste paradigm. Originally founded in 2016 in New Zealand by a former University of Auckland Associate Professor Dr Silas Villas-Boas and by Dr Ninna Granucci, the company relocated to France in 2018 after a successful fundraise, as the country and the EU offer the ideal circumstances for GST to grow.
Currently, GST’s team consists of more than 10 people, with backgrounds ranging from microbiology, biochemistry and food science, to engineering, manufacturing, and business development. Green Spot has now ateliers of 300m2 with a pilot facility, a formulation kitchen and a laboratory. The company collaborates closely with French, European and international research parties, substrate suppliers, analytical laboratories, and city and region public bodies.
GST aims to become a major industrial player in the food value chain, supplying green-labelled extraordinary ingredients to global food companies.
The company has won multiple awards, both in New Zealand and in Europe, emphasizing the uniqueness of its technology and products.
We’re looking for great individuals who are committed to our company values.
The courage to desire a brighter future, challenging the status quo and constantly think about how you could be doing things better.
Innovation takes place in a space where people feel free, safe, and respected. Create an open and positive environment for everyone. Be supportive to the team, your colleagues, and the company.
Responsibility to prioritize our employees, the environment, and our community as much as we prioritize the company’ earnings.
Chief Technical Officer
We are looking for a Chief Technical Officer (CTO) to provide sound technical leadership in all aspects of our business. Strategic thinking and strong business awareness are essential in this role. We expect you to be well-versed in current technological trends and familiar with a variety of business concepts. If you are also an excellent team player, and enjoy a fast-paced, international, interdisciplinary, inspiring, and collaborative work environment we’d like to meet you.
The candidate we are looking for has ideally a process engineer background with skills and experience in setting up manufacturing plants in the food sector to work hand in hand with the CEO and the CSO of the company in order to maintain the strategic focus of the project and be in charge of turning a concept into reality.
- Develop technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals
- Discover and implement new technologies that yield competitive advantage
- Identify and manage resources to execute process improvement projects
- Prioritize and develop projects based on critical needs
- Work with and inspire a multi-functional team to achieve project goals
- Develop and maintain process related documents.
- Provide support and guidance to team to meet daily work demands
- Ensure compliance with company and industry standards
- Communicate technology strategy to the team, partners and investors
- Specialized food industry experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of process automation highly desired
- Knowledge of technological trends to build strategy
- Understanding of budgets and business-planning
- Experience with industrial fermentation processes will be appreciated
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research
- Logistics skills highly desired
- Personal qualities
- Leadership and organizational abilities
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic start-up environment
- Strategic thinking and ability to think “outside the box”
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ideal profile
- Master degree or engineer school (top tier) with specialization in fields such as process engineering, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering or related fields
- MBA or other relevant graduate degree is a plus
- +/- 5 years’ experience in the field
- Proficiency in French and English is essential
- Join an exciting young start-up company driven by having an impact on the world by reducing food waste while generating significant revenues
- Competitive salary
- Full health insurance
- Live in the beautiful Toulouse “La Ville Rose”
- You will actively participate in the transformation of an entire sector
- Enjoy a fast-paced, international, interdisciplinary, inspiring, and collaborative work environment
- A real career opportunity to those who share our values and wishes to invest in their development
Send your application